Protect Our Local Schools — Vote NO on Amendment 3
- Take local control of our schools away from parents, teachers and school districts and hand it over to Jefferson City politicians.
- Force taxpayers to pay for even more costly government-mandated standardized tests even though school funding is already a big problem—estimated to be almost a billion dollars additional costs.
- Force teachers to teach to a test rather than focusing on actual instruction and learning.
This one-size-fits-all approach to education makes no sense for our state’s children, and it forces taxpayers to pay more money for more tests in a time when testing is already out of control. Our schools cannot afford to lose more learning time, nor can they foot the bill for more unnecessary mandates.
As if these reasons are not enough for every community member to oppose Amendment 3, educators stand to suffer a severe blow to the teaching profession.
- State test scores would determine a teacher’s salary and professional future. The proposal would require teachers to be dismissed, promoted and paid based on the results of a teacher-evaluation system primarily based on standardized tests. The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education would have the authority to close a school district by cutting off both state and local funding if it doesn’t approve the teacher-evaluation system.
- Teacher associations would be prohibited from having any input into the evaluation system through negotiations.
- If a district chooses to offer a contract when employing a teacher, the measure would make teachers “at will” employees and end any due process rights.
- Go to www.protectourlocalschools.com and join the campaign by adding your name to the list of those opposed to Amendment 3. Donate to the campaign if you can afford it.
- Like “Protect Our Local Schools” on Facebook and ask all of your Facebook friends to do the same.
- Tell all of your friends and family to vote NO on Amendment 3.